Wednesday, April 25, 2012

LDOC


WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.  So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from safe harbor.  Catch the trade winds in your sails.  Explore. Dream.  Discover.”
--Mark Twain

            Today is LDOC at Chapel Hill.  This stands for “Last Day Of Classes” and in many students’ cases, “Lazy, Done, and Often Crazy”!  After we finish our final class of the day, we convene for an afternoon of celebration, in which we toast to the good times we had, say farewell for the summer, and wrap our heads around the idea that after today, we will establish our permanent homes in the library in preparation for the, now quickly approaching and very real, exams that we will take in just a few short days.  For all the hype that LDOC is surrounded by, I was afraid I would be let down.  But the afternoon did not let me down and even exceeded expectations by providing me with endless entertainment via mechanical bulls, dunk tanks, bouncing castles galore, and the longest slip-n-slide I have ever seen.  Although I am sad my freshman year has come to an end, this day of fun is a wonderful reminder of the great times I have had here and the wonderful people that I have met, as well as the great times to come. Sappy sentiments headed your way on Sunday, but for now I’ll live it up for just one more day as I prepare to buckle down, move out, and say goodbye to the Hill for the summer.  Love ya. Miss ya. Mean it.
Kane

The slip-n-slide:

Grab the bull by the horns:


No comments:

Post a Comment