Wednesday, July 11, 2012

19 and Crazy


WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD

“Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back everything is different…”
-C.S. Lewis
            In fifteen minutes I will be 19…terrifying!!!!!!!! As I think about writing this I can almost hear my parents and the rest of me scoffing at me for being afraid of 19 and of getting older but I am not kidding you when I say I am all but tearing up at the thought of another year come and gone.  I mean all of the things I could do when I was 18: buy lottery tickets, cigarettes, PVC pipe, fireworks, spray paint, vote, you name it! 18 was great and I let it slip through my hands.  I am making a resolution to myself to cherish every day of 19 because the thought of 20 makes me want to curl up in my Beauty and the Beast sleeping bag with my silky blanky and some soothing music.  As scary as the idea of getting older seems to me, I can embrace this next year if it guarantees to be as great as this last one.  I graduated from high school, began the adventure that is college, made new friends, failed my first exam, ate wonderful food, laughed with wonderful people, and loved my family.  I can only hope and wait expectantly for what awaits me next in life.  I like to think I’m getting the hang of this thing called life and the real world but I know I’m still just a kid.
Love ya. Miss ya. Mean it.
Kane, the 19 year old!!!
I've come a long way but at 19, i can still appreciate a good nap:

As  i get older, a good day is still one that includes your mama and an amusement park"

Say what you will about what i've done, but i looked good doin' it:

I know too well Peter Pan...

No comments:

Post a Comment